FAST GC Capillary Columns
- What is Fast GC?
- Advantages / Disadvantages of Fast GC
- Why a thin film?
- Selected applications
What is a FAST GC column?
A FAST GC column has a much smaller internal diameter than a standard GC column. It is also much shorter and more flexible.
30m x 0.25mm ID, 0.25um film thickness
10m x 0.1mm ID, 0.1um film thickness
- Fast GC – run times in 5- 10 minutes
- Very Fast GC – run times in a few minutes
- Ultra Fast GC – run times less than one minute (usually several seconds)
Faster analysis can be achieved in any of the following ways
- A fully optimized separation
- A non-optimized separation
- All peaks are equally important
- Only a small number of peaks are important